Saturday, April 08, 2006

Intro...

Why in the heck would a low limit buy in player that isn't even profitable create a poker blog, and who would even want to read it?

And...I don't have any real concrete answers to those questions, especially the one about people reading it.

I think I'm getting better though. And, I think (at some point over the next year) I might become a profitable online poker player (I'm very slightly profitable live). I want to, in this blog, discuss my thoughts on my play, and poker in general. Hopefully the reader will watch the progression of a losing player into a winning player.

Some warnings...

The biggest obstacle in my way to becoming much better is my head. Plain and simple. I am a hotheaded tilting person. I've went on tilt for an entire day (and half a bankroll) because someone said, "you've only played like 10 percent of your hands," as if it was an insult.

So, maybe you will witness someone getting worse. I have to get some anger managment when it comes to online poker. (Surprisingly, I've only been on tilt playing live one time.)

About myself...

Playing poker since Jan-05. Midwestern dude that gets along with everyone. I love my family, and I loved growing up in my state.

I mostly play on PokerStars as glenmawr70. If you look on thepokerdb.com, you'll see that I've made absolutely no final tables whatsoever. I did make a final table of a 180 man SnG recently, and I got 8th place. Believe me, I was amped as it was my first final table of over 45 people. In the 5 man SnGs I've made many, many final tables, but I think most people have. They're easy.

I play no limit hold 'em SnGs, MTTs, and very, very limited cash games. I also play Stud Hi/Lo cash, and MTTs. On full tilt, if I have the money, I'll play some razz, but I don't play enough to count that as something I play regularly.

In my next posts, I'll update my wins or losses from this point forward, and I'll give comments on what happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter