Monday, May 15, 2006

Okay, talked it over at length on 2+2 about the 180 man 4.40 SnG decision on Stars (the one before I tilted off the rest of my stack), and obviously I don't give up a +EV decision. Case hopefully closed on that one.

I played a live limit Stud tourney on Friday, and out of 32 people (approx) I came in 11th, but never really had a chance. In no limit, I feel like you really play the people, but in a limit game, especially early on, it's not like I can bet people off a hand. I had two hands that allowed me to even survive to 11th, the rest were seriously not even playable (although I played them in late position when many players were in).

I had AA3, and capped it against another short stack who had KK9, and it held up. That was in about the 3rd level. This is pretty much a drawing game, and you need some draws to hit...none did. Seriously, I had no straits, nor flushes the entire night. That's surprising, but obviously many people have experienced that, so it's nothing new. My last hand of the night, I was drawing to the nut flush, and it also had me all in, and the flush never came. If it had, I actually would have had enough to make the final table, however, I would have needed some more help to actually cash.

In the limit hold'em event, it was pretty much the same. I couldn't bet people off of hands, and I played a little tighter than the stud tourney. Early on, I get AA against four other players (I raised), and it held up. That helped me, and at our first break, I was up an additional 40 percent of my original stack. However, not too long after the break, I get AQ, and raise from late position. The BB calls with KQ, and I flop a Q. I bet he raises, I reraise. Then, I made a mistake of sorts...in the WSOP (these tournies use WSOP rules), I suppose they have a rule in limit HE where if you're heads up with someone, there is no cap on raises. I could have asked him if he wanted to just go all in. I should have at least done that...the truth is, he wouldn't have laid down his hand. And, the river was a K, so I suppose I would have lost more if he agreed, however, I still think it was a mistake regardless of results. We were short handed (temporarily) and I felt I had the best hand pre-flop, and on the flop (which was true) so I felt sure I was in the lead. However, when the K on the river came, he checked (he had been betting), and I knew he hit it so I checked.

I did make the final table (9 handed) with the smallest stack by far. At one point, I had such a short stack, and there were two raises in front of me. I had K3, and decided this was the hand I was going out on, and I raised it to go all in. I ended up getting a boat to prolong the madness, and eventually I went out on a middle pair that I had hoped would hold up against one opponent.

I don't have as much experience playing limit games, however, and I hate to say that I needed cards, but if I hit any draws, and got any cards, I have to think I would have cashed in both. I was playing mistake free for the most part, and reading players well.

Mother's Day went really well with family, and it was a nice break. I actually played one SnG later that night, and got 1st.

Next week, I'll be in a live Limit Omaha Hi/Lo tourney, and I'll update regarding that. I am NOT good at O Hi/Lo, so I'll probably take first...lol.

Also, I'll update during the week on my SnG stats, and so on. My roll is slowly increasing, and I'm continuing to use good BR mgmt. I'm sticking with not using more than 5 percent of my roll at any one time and it is a great way to manage your roll. I intend to drop that percentage to 4 percent in the near future, with my overall attempt being to get down to only using 2 percent, yet being able to play the 100.00 tournies, and SnGs (eventually higher obviously, but it's going to be a while).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter