Thursday, June 01, 2006

This weekend, I'll be playing a pot limit Omaha rebuy tournament. That's on Saturday.

I've been playing a lot live lately, and here are recent results, and reasons (not excuses) or discriptions (brief) of what happened.

10.00 NLHE rebuy w/double add-on. Only spent 40.00 (immediate extra rebuy, then the double add on). Got to last two tables, had a good stack, then a guy that wasn't supposed to be on my left (because he already busted out) played his tired wife's stack, and that put me on tilt, and I donked off my chips. Pathetic of me, I realize.

15.00 Seven Card Stud. Nothing went my way. However, I played survival and was down to two tables when, if my hand held up, I more than likely make final table.

20.00 LHE. Nothing going my way at all. But, pretty much like the Stud tourney, I had a chance in the end that didn't come through.

20.00 Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8/B. Cashed in last place (4th). When it was down to two tables but just before we would actually get to final, I just started raising with every hand I had. I had lost a pretty big pot, and decided that I was going to either go bust, or take the blinds. People kept folding, and folding with an occasional call that I bet off the pot. This part of the tournament alone allowed me to at least cash. At final table, I was more than card dead.

15.00 Seven Card Razz. I'm sorry, I don't remember the result. I planned on winning, and I know that I didn't, however, I can't remember the exact result. I think I made final table, and I remember one of the players just absolutely catching everything even though he didn't know exactly how to play. It was a short even, so, I made final table pretty easily. However, I don't think I cashed because top three got paid. I think I made like 5-7 or something.

25.00 NLHE Shootout. This is different from your normal shootout in that two people go from your table, and you carry over whatever chips you had. So, you don't want to just survive to the final table because some people can have more chips than you. I steadily increased, had AA a few times, and made a good amount of chips. I made the final table with about 40 percent of the chips from my first table. I played well, didn't get any cards though, and made a dumb mistake (kind of). I still cashed since everyone cashes at the final table, however, I could have done WAY better.

I'm not doing as well as I envisioned myself doing in these series of events. Some of it's due to lack of emotional control, and a small part of it is due to improper judgement. I know my strategy is fine, and my talent and ability is enough to compete. But, I have some events to show that I am able to play left.

Of course, coming up is the PLO touranment. We have a deuce to seven no limit event (no expectations there), a limit H.O.R.S.E. event that expect to do well in, and a larger buy in HLHE championship event (about 75.00 I guess) that I expect to do well in as well.

I don't want to just cash, I want to win one of these events. I don't care which one, although it's no secret that I would prefer it to be the championship event (which happens to have the most cash involved).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter