Sunday, May 21, 2006

27 showed for the live Omaha Hi/Lo event on Saturday. I cashed in 4th place (top 4 get paid). I probably played my most focused live game in some time. Of course, that was due to the fact that you have so many freaking cards and outs to think about. I played well though, especially at times that we were short handed, and the blinds were high. I was able to aggressively build my stack through stealing the blinds.

When it got down to the final table, however, I really just couldn't battle with the players that were trying to make a move for first. There was always a raise in front of me, and I would have something like 9739. Yeah, I have a pair of 9's, but believe me, a hand like that would have not once won the pot.

I did steal the blinds enough to hold on for a while, and I was SO looking for a spot to just steal, and hopefully steal the pot on the flop or turn, but I really just couldn't get in too many hands with the raises in front of me. I still cashed, and if my opponent didn't hit his flush on my last hand, I have to believe I could have won it. No problem, it was fun.

Online..I'm doing horrible. I've had such a bad run, mostly due to stupidity, and lack of emotional control. Getting 2nd best hand seems to also be the flavor of the day, however, there is not much of an excuse for my overall play. I'm probably on tilt as I write this for that matter.

I'm unsure if I should take a couple days break or not.

Anyhow, next Friday is the live Razz tournament, and I will most certainly be there. The next day is a live NLHE Shootout tournament, I'll play that as well.

I expect to win the Razz, and at least cash in the NLHE shootout. I really do. I live live so much more than online anyhow...at least right now where I'm getting screwed online.

If I can't start winning again, I'm actually going to have to move down a level. I don't know if I can go back, and play effectively. Seriously. I'm so bored with these low limits that I just couldn't even dream of going lower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter