Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm playing an Omaha Pot limit rebuy game tonight, live.

I decided to play a 5.50 one of those on Stars, and won it. The players were SO weak. When it was down to 6, then 5, then 4, I think my opponents raised the flop a total of maybe 2-3 times. They rarely raised. I was getting in on flops for cheap because I knew I wouldn't get raised no matter what.

I was stealing blinds by raising here and there, but admittedly, I had to cut down the number of raises I was doing as well because people were more inclined to call from the blinds since they felt their hands were better than they really were. When I did raise, I just raised the pot rather than anything smaller because they really had to think about whether they wanted to call with something like 77J2...lol.

I'm unsure whether I will play any more of these, but it's like, if I'm not winning 5.50 NLHE SnGs, and I'm winning PLO SnGs, maybe I should give them more of a try. However, I only played one, so I can't make any judgement based on that.

Tonight, I don't really have any expectations. Depending on my seat, I will probably see a lot of people raising the pot a lot of the time with less than stellar hands. If this is the case, I'll have to lower my calling standards, and just get involved. One thing I do know is that the more people there are in the hand, the more you can pretty much guarantee that someone has the outright nuts. If you have trips, and there are three to a suit on the board, and there are five people in the hand, you are losing right now. Of course, if the bet is right, I'll draw to the full house, but I'm a donkey sometimes.

If my table is mostly tight, then no problem. I'll just play the hands I wish to play, and if they are letting me limp in, I'll bet my good hands, fold my less than good hands. I don't care about anyone who bluffs me. I mean, in this game, early on, with a lot of opponents, if you're trying to bluff someone, you're a dumb ass. You can semi-bluff with outs, obviously, but bluffing with what you know to be the worst hand that can't improve is dumb. Early, with a lot of opponents that is.

So, it will go like this...tight table that lets limpers in, I probably slowly accumulate, and hopefully get final.
Fast table with many raises, and many pot bets, I either go out fairly early (after rebuys), or gain a LOT of chips and go to the final.

I don't want to play too tight, but I think tight will be right in a LOT of spots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter