Thursday, June 01, 2006

In my first SnG, I played fine early. In the first 15 hands, I picked up a pot with KT where I bet the pot strong, but not too much, and my opponent called the flop, and turn, but folded on the river.

A little over 30 hands in, I've climbed to just under 1st in chips. I've picked up blinds, and took pots with nothing where I raised, got one caller, and took bet the flop. At one point, it was the 50/100, I had 2685 in chips, and we still have 7 players. It's as if these things are getting tighter.

Then, I do a stupid play. Not miscalculated...stupid.

A few people go out in the 50/100, and we're 5 handed with a coward that's sitting out waiting to get down to 4 (you've seen these types of players)....

Seat 3: transmanjb (1375 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: glenmawr70 (2085 in chips)
Seat 5: vulture~2004 (1665 in chips)
Seat 8: Nikalix (5465 in chips)
Seat 9: surplus buye (2910 in chips)
surplus buye: posts small blind 50
transmanjb: posts big blind 100

Dealt to glenmawr70 [Kh Js]
glenmawr70: raises 200 to 300
vulture~2004: calls 300
Nikalix: folds
surplus buye: folds
transmanjb: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ah As Qs]
glenmawr70: checks
vulture~2004: bets 600
glenmawr70: calls 600
*** TURN *** [Ah As Qs] [3d]
glenmawr70: checks
vulture~2004: bets 400
glenmawr70: calls 400
*** RIVER *** [Ah As Qs 3d] [9d]
glenmawr70: checks
vulture~2004: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***glenmawr70: shows [Kh Js] (a pair of Aces)
vulture~2004: shows [8d 8s] (two pair, Aces and Eights)

This is a classic case of not thinking ahead. I basically knew that I would put him all in at some point, and take the pot...oops, I forgot that he bet so much of his stack that he would HAVE to call, and even the king of donkeys would call with as little as King high. So, on the river, I made another mistake. I actually realized how stupid I had been, and checked. The truth is, I was left with so little that it was apparent I was losing this in a showdown...however, my only chance, as slim as it was, was that I could bet the rest of his stack, and he could fold (which would be a mistake on his part with any pair).

Anyhow, why check then call, check then call? Horrible, even as an elaborate bluff. Why? Because you don't have to do those types of bluffs at this level. He was tight enough, yet tricky enough that I knew he has something. It just pissed me off that I played so poorly.

Then, I get in a 5 table SnG, and I play poorly, go down early, go all in, double up to 1200, get KQ, and double up again, and I'm fine all the sudden.

I make another few nice pots, and we're at 3 tables, and a player min raises my big blind. I don't know about you, but if I have some extra chips, I'll call a min raise with any two, and I did. I called with T3o, and flopped three of a kind. I eventually got all of the min raiser's chips, and he had AA. I typed, "Nice min raise," and I should have never opened my fucking mouth.

I was doing great, lost a few inconsequential pots, then ran into this:

1: glenmawr70 (4860 in chips)
Seat 2: Dada o 2 (2430 in chips)
Seat 3: meaux (1450 in chips)
Seat 4: spapapa (5535 in chips)
Seat 5: Chilihead1k (6590 in chips)
Seat 6: The Jackal01 (3500 in chips)
Seat 7: TR Big Blue (6915 in chips)
Seat 8: jp2dz (2970 in chips)
Seat 9: Eärendil (2330 in chips)
glenmawr70: posts small blind 100
Dada o 2: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to glenmawr70 [Ac Ad]
meaux: folds
spapapa: folds
Chilihead1k: folds
The Jackal01: folds
TR Big Blue: raises 400 to 600 (with KJo)
jp2dz: folds
Eärendil: folds
glenmawr70: raises 600 to 1200
Dada o 2: folds
TR Big Blue: calls 600 (with KJo)
*** FLOP *** [7s Qh Td]
glenmawr70: bets 1800
TR Big Blue: calls 1800 (calls, and this is a mistake, he's not getting the odds at all)
*** TURN *** [7s Qh Td] [Ah]
glenmawr70: bets 1860 and is all-in (I figure, I've invested this much, he'll call, didn't know that he hit one of two aces for his strait that FUCKING GAVE ME TRIPS!!!)
TR Big Blue: calls 1860
*** RIVER *** [7s Qh Td Ah] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
glenmawr70: shows [Ac Ad] (three of a kind, Aces)
TR Big Blue: shows [Jc Kd] (a straight, Ten to Ace)TR Big Blue collected 9920 from pot

So, I got my aces cracked after cracking someone elses with T3o. Okay. I can deal with it. It sucks because he played poorly, and won, and when I played T3o, I played properly and won. I mean, the call of the min raise when I'm in the BB is something you should do from time to time, you already have half of it in there as it is. Plus, min raisers sometimes have a good hand, and if you hit something, you can oftentimes get their stack.

In his case, he calls a raise pre-flop by someone who is obviously representing a monster, then a 2/3 the pot bet on the flop not getting odds, then he hits one of 2 aces left which also happens to give me trips. I was so hoping that the river would pair the board. I would have been in the driver's seat for a nice cash.

I was so mad afterward. I just can't get it going it seems. It's not beats really. The AA thing is fine, it happens. It's the stupid plays that are screwing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter