Monday, June 12, 2006

Didn't do great in the live events over the weekend.

First, the deuce to seven lowball wasn't triple draw like I thought. I feel triple draw is easier for obvious reasons (although your showdown hands have to be much better). Anyhow, no one was busting out at all, and at one point, I said to myself, "all in with a great hand or go home." I went home, but didn't have a problem with it whatsoever because I was going nowhere.

In the H.O.R.S.E. tournament I was doing fine, but just could not get anything significant to happen. When it came to Razz, and Stud Hi/Lo I made some pots, however, I didn't have much happen for me in the other levels. In neither event did I final table. Oh well.

This weekend is the real event. The 75.00 NLHE event, and there will be about 30 people. Not sure of the number, but it could be as many as 45. I feel much more comfortable playing in a no limit game.

Online, I pretty much doubled my short roll since the last post. I was completely undisciplined, and played pretty poorly, but was a complete lucksack in a 6 man turbo SnG. I had at least two situations where I was a 4-1 dog, and I won. In fact, at one point, I called off 3/4 of my stack and lost because I correctly figured out the guy didn't have a flush on a flop of all hearts...but he did flop a strait. Ooops. But, I ended up heads up with him, and won. He had a huge chip lead at one point, and he was dominating me. He actually was outplaying me HU, but at one point I started going all in and he kept folding. Then, I had another situation where he was winning, he even typed gg, and I hit a two outter on the river to win, and almost even up. I kept up the aggression, and eventually pulled ahead, then just kept putting him all in, and I eventually won.

Tonight, I plan on going back to lower limits, and trying to stay disciplined, and within my bankroll rules (which I should ALWAYS do). I might play a 4.40 180 man SnG as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter