Saturday, June 03, 2006

Totally unprepared. That was pretty much the name of the game for the Omaha rebuy tonight. I was totally unprepared.

Usually I prepare a little before a game to kind of have myself ready to play. I suppose the PLO SnG I played was a bit of preperation, but I like to look at the blind structure, and make a game plan for the specific game I'm in. I didn't really think about how often I could rebuy, and so on, and so I had to think about my strategy on the way there.

I started off pretty good going from about 4k to 6k. But, nothing really happened for me, and I was either bluffed off pots, or people would catch their cards, and I couldn't win much. After the rebuy and add on, I had nearly 8k.

When the next level started, however, I loosened up way too much. I'm not sure why, but I felt I had to make something happen. I was calling bets that were way to big. Eventually, we made it down to two tables, and I lost a huge pot calling when I should have been raising as big as I possibly could. Slow playing something that can get drawn out on in PLO seems to be a pretty stupid thing to do!!

So, no final table.

So far after I've gotten home, I've played a 5.50 SnG, and went out 9th. The way these things are going anymore, they are totally weird. Not like they were the past few months. But, I'm adjusting. I think I need to tighten up some, and pick and choose my spots better.

I'm in a 6.50 now, so we'll see how that goes....oh wait, I just made another moronic move, and I'm down to like 250 in the 10/20.

Oh yeah, what was that I was saying about big pots early?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter