Sunday, June 18, 2006

Was in a very low limit tournament with about 1400 people in it. I was tearing it up, and we were down to the last 100 people. Anyhow, I had been stealing pots as about the 2nd place CL at the table.

UTG, I raised 3xbb w/63. Yeah, I know, garbage, but I have no problem stealing with garbage because it's so easy to fold. Very easy. And, I get SO many more pots doing this with high blinds, and a larger stack than the others. Plus, I rarely get in trouble with it.

I get one caller, the largest stack. The flop is Q63. I don't have to go any further, you know he had QQ in his hand. I check, he goes all in. This is a great play by him at lower levels. I would sometimes do this as well. It's possible, however, that he's gotten beats with trips on the flop before, and he just doesn't want me drawing.

I called because I felt that my hand was a hidden hand. I've seen players do the play he was doing with AQ enough times that I felt comfortable calling.

I actually got a boat on the turn, but of course, that just gave him a bigger boat. So, let's say that he just made a good sized bet, and I called to "trap" him, when the turn came I would have had all my chips in anyhow. I'm not saying I couldn't have folded my two pair there...but the size of the buy in and the amount of time I would have to spend to win it dictated that calling was an okay move. I wasn't upset.

Played a 10 person SnG and won. Played a turbo, and three people were out in the first two hands. I got emotional though, and went out 5th. Played a regular SnG, and went out 6th.

Lastly, I ended the night playing .50/1.00 No limit cash. HOW STUPID!!!!

I got on the table with 50.00 (dumb right there), and quickly was down to 28 or so. I was pissed. I was ready to quit poker. But, I got back to 47, got a good hand (it was a short handed table of six), and went up to about 64 or so, and decided I'm way over my head, I'm getting out while I made something. So, I might have been slightly up for the day, if not even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter