Friday, June 30, 2006

A few posts back, I talked about this:

Emotional Control
Patience
Understanding of the game through the study and comprehension of the best poker literature
Proper Judgement
Basic Strategy
Bankroll Management

Having to have mastery of at least a few of these. Today, I have not had that.

Well, I have managed my roll...anybody would have with such a small amount.

My judgement has been fine for periods of time, then along with my emotions, and my patience it all collapses.

I am on boredom tilt coupled with the fact that playing against low limit players makes for boring poker (if you're playing properly).

Mental endurance is part of this too. I just can't sustain patience and non-emotion for too long. I can be running along fine, then break down because I think think I have to make moves when I really don't.

I haven't gotten overly mad at any particular players, so my emotion hasn't been way off.

I will say that I played a 100 fpp turbo into a 1000 fpp, and got into the 1000. I was actually down to 70 chips, came back to about 2500 within about ten hands, then eventually got up enough where I knew I would finish.

In the 1000 itself, I was doing great early.....then nothing. I mean NOTHING. Not a card. I still kept up the aggression, but I couldn't steal a freaking thing without running into a better hand, or a huge raise.

Goal: 2000
Today's results: -2.40
Need: 2002.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter