Tuesday, July 18, 2006

On Sunday, I played a 1.00 rebuy! As much of a donkfest you would think this would be, the table I was at was SURPRISINGLY tight. Not too tight, mind you, but it was a surprise nonethess.

I spent 6.00 on this particular rebuy (played on Absolute Poker). I ended up making 125.00. There were 200 entrants, and I got 2nd. I'm upset about the 2nd, I should have gotten 1st (well, I COULD have got 1st) but it was 4:30 in the morning, and I had to be to work about 3.5 hours later.

Again, what was happening was that my slightly more than 50/50 hands were holding up, and I had one hand where I got pretty lucky. Outside of that, I played extremely well. When it was final table, I came in about middle position. People were slowly going out, and I was just taking turns stealing blinds and antes. At times, when I was short stack (for example, down to 4) I would push. At one point, the player I ended up heads up with felt that I had pushed too much, but called with what I felt was a good hand 4 handed. I had JJ, and he had AJ. It's just, he called off so much of his stack. I became instant chipleader, but he ended up coming back by pretty much taking out the other two players. We were tied in chips, mostly, heads up, and just kept trading chips back and forth. I was almost falling asleep, yet excited. At one point, he pushed all in with AQ, and without giving much thought, I auto called with 87 suited. Not great, I know, and I didn't show any patience. Live and learn.

Last night, I played a 4.40 180 man, and didn't get ITM. I played extremely well. At one point, however, I think I might have pushed in too early of a position with the type of hand I had. I had Ax, and I was in 2nd position with 10xbb. I hadn't seen a hand close to that good in a while, and I decided to push. You're pretty much going to get called with a hand that dominates you when you push that early, and that's what happened, I got called by AJ, and he won. It's obvious now, but at the time, I wasn't as focused as I should be. You really need to be thinking about everything at once.

Sunday, I also played 3 SnGs at once, got 1st in two, and 4th in the other.

Last night, I played one SnG, and got 4th. I played extremely well, and was very aggro on the bubble, just ran into people with good hands willing to call. No problem. I'll gain many chips in some of those to get the win, and some I'll bust out 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter