Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh no!!! It's been 20 days since I've written!

Believe it or not I've made 4 final tables, and won a rebuy tournament (as part of those 4 finals). All events were like 220 or less entrants. It is SO much easier to play in smaller entrant fields. That's obvious, but I'm just saying it over.

Okay, so I have go all over the freaking map on goals. Today is no different.

I want to play in AT LEAST one WCOOP event.

I've picked the 215 HORSE event on 9/23, and I'll explain why.

First, 215 is the cheapest that you are going to pay for any WCOOP event. The following are 215.00 entry events:

Razz
Heads up play (NLHE)
NLHE (w/rebuys)
Limit
HORSE

Secondly, I have reason to pick HORSE. It goes into how I'm going to pay for this event, and in fact, it ties to this entire goal.

The goal: Make enough money playing limit 1/2 HORSE cash games to pay for the event by 9/23/06. I currently have 80.00 on my Stars account (on the other site, I actually have much more, but I don't want to take money off there).

Therefore, I have to make 135.00 in limit 1/2 HORSE over the course of about 25 days in order to fill this goal. I say 25 days simply because certain days I might not play if my emotion is off or if there are other things I have to do.

So, that means I have to average approx 5.40 every day that I play limit 1/2 HORSE. If I were playing as tight as I possibly could, even, I would think I could average that. I realize there will be times when I'm outdrawn, and I have losing sessions. But, there will also be times when I walk away from the table like 35.00 to the good.

I have to play fearlessly. Yesterday, I played, and I thought, I don't need the money on Stars. I can play smart, and fearless, and if I'm outdrawn, I'm outdrawn. I played extremely well probably taking in about ten bbs over the course of an hour. That's a little high to expect all the time...I'm saying that you would have to average 5.40 in a day.

I think I can do it. And, if I do, then I'm going into an event that I've pseudo prepared for, for the past month. I realize there's a huge difference between a touranment and cash game, especially since blinds will increase, and I'll probably be playing better players.

Now, if I cash in the WCOOP event (I'll be playing to win), new opportunities open up. But, I would think that those wouldn't open up unless I made about 1500.00 in the HORSE event. This is mostly because I would want to play the 1050 NLHE event on 9/24. HOWEVER...a new question arises....if I had that much in my roll, would I be better off just keeping it and trying to build with it instead of spending most of it on a NLHE event where I will face players with a huge edge on me?

We'll see. I think it would be a game time decision, and I'm highly lean toward not playing the more expensive event at this point in my play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter